Monday, November 7, 2011

1st illnesses

Yes that is plural, illnesses!  The month of October was not good to us in the health department.  The first week in October I got a phone call at work from "Mimi" telling me that Jaxon had woke up from his nap with 101.3 fever.  I quickly got things situated at school and left to go pick him up.  Luckily they had an appointment available that afternoon for him to see the doctor.  Poor thing did not feel good and all he wanted to do was sit in your lap and hold his blankie.  The doctor told us it looked like a sinus infection so we started our first round of antibiotics.  After 10 days of being on the medicine and 4 days at home, he was back to himself. 

Last Friday morning while getting ready to go to "Mimi's" house, we were eating breakfast and while I was finishing getting everything together I hear this coughing/choking sound.  I look over to see all of Jaxon's breakfast coming back up again.  I didn't think much of it other than he must have choked or started to cough while drinking his milk and it just caused everything to come back up.  He has a VERY sensitive gag reflex so it didn't shock me too much.  We got everything cleaned up and headed out.  When I picked him up she said he had started to have some loose diapers.  By Sunday it was full blown diarrhea.  I think we went through every pair of clothing the child owns because nothing could contain the mess.  The good thing in all of this was that he not once acted like he felt bad.  He as happy, playful, and full of energy.  So again we were home for 3 days till we could keep in some of our food.  Luckily, Mommy and Daddy did not get the stomach virus that Jaxon had.  I was fully prepared for it just in case!!

I am happy to report that we are now illness free!  Let's hope November is much kinder to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment