Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jaxon update

Yesterday I went for my 261/2 week (6 month) checkup with Dr. Gayle.  I knew it would be a long appointment because I was not only seeing the doctor I was also having a growth ultrasound and my glucose test, which takes an hour.  Things went pretty quickly and the time didn't feel like forever which was nice.  The ultrasound was great.  He is continuing to grow right on target, even a little bit ahead.  And if there was any doubt before about him being a boy there in none now.  In the words of the ultrasound tech.  "Wow, oh yeah that's definitely a boy!" 

My glucose test however did not go as well.  I FAILED!  I now get to go back in 2 weeks for a 3 hour test!  Oh boy I can't wait!  I was doing ok until Dr. Gayle came in a started talking to me about it.  And then of course the water works began and I couldn't turn them off.  He of course had to poke a little fun at me, but reassured me that everything was fine and 40% of women fail it the first time anyway.  I was feeling fine about it, I just couldn't stop crying.  I was laughing and crying all at the same time.  He told me just to cut out carbs and sweets for the next two weeks and watch what I'm eating.  I felt like I had been eating pretty healthy but I guess not quite good enough. 

I had planned to do a little Christmas shopping while I was in College Station but since I couldn't stop crying I just decided to go on home.  Those darn hormones while make a women crazy!  All things considered the pregnancy has gone very well and I am happy to be carrying a healthy, growing little boy!  I'll update in two weeks to let you know how the 3 hour test goes.  Hopefully I can pass this time!

Many Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment